See the Flag Protocol Policy here.
2018 Recent Flag Status Updates
- June 25 - on the 4th Monday in June we honour our sister city relationship with Ushiku, Japan by flying the Ushiku flag at City Hall. The City of Whitehorse flag flies at City Hall in Ushiku on the same day.
- June 23 - National Day of Remembrance for the Victims of Terrorism. Accordingly, flags at City Hall, the Public Safety Building and the Canada Games Centre are to be flown at half-mast.
- June 22-24 - Pride and Transgender flags will be flown at City Hall to celebrate Pride Week.
- June 12 - Filipino flag to fly at the Canada Games Centre all day for Filipino Independence Day. At City Hall, Filipino flag to be raised by the President of the Filipino Association and Mayor Dan Curtis. Everyone is welcome to join the celebration at 11:45 am outside City Hall.
- May 21 - Union Jack flown at City Hall, Public Safety Building and Canada Games Centre for Victoria Day.
- April 28 - flags at City Hall, the Public Safety Building and the Canada Games Centre are at half-mast to mark the National Day of Mourning for Persons Killed or Injured in the Workplace.
- April 10 - flags at City Hall and the Public Safety Building remain at half-mast until further notice in recognition of the passing of former Chief Joe Linklater and the Humboldt Broncos tragedy.
- April 9 - National Day of Remembrance of the Battle of Vimy Ridge. Flags at City facilities flown at half-mast.