View the Traffic Bylaw here.
1. No person shall drive at a greater rate of speed than 30 kilometres per hour on the following highways between the designated points:
(1) On Third Avenue between Strickland Street and the north end of Third Avenue;
(2) On Hillcrest Drive between Dalton Trail (East) and Dalton Trail (West);
(3) On Valleyview Drive along its entire length;
(4) On Prospector Road from the Alaska Highway to that point where the roadway enters private property;
(5) On Rhine Way from Range Road to Nijmegan Road;
(6) On Normandy Road from Range Road to Nijmegan Road; (Bylaw 2013-44 passed 2013-09-23)
(7) on Alsek Road between Duke Road and Blanchard Road;
(8) on Mount Sima Road from the ski hill parking lot northward towards the downtown core of the City, for a distance of 600 metres; and
(9) on Sumanik Drive from Hamilton Boulevard to Mount McIntyre Recreation Centre.
2. No person shall drive at a greater rate of speed than 35 kilometres per hour on the following streets within the McIntyre Subdivision:
(1) McIntyre Drive;
(2) Murphy Road;
(3) O'Brien Road;
(4) O'Brien Place;
(5) McCrimmon Crescent;
(6) McClennan Road;
(7) McCandless Crescent; and
(8) Hanna Crescent.
3. No person shall drive at a greater rate of speed than 40 kilometres per hour on the following streets within the Whistle Bend Subdivision:
(1) Aksala Drive;
(2) Atlin Place;
(3) Chakawana Lane;
(4) Bailey Place;
(5) Bellingham Court;
(6) Caprice Court;
(7) Casca Boulevard;
(8) Dora Crescent;
(9) Eldorado Road;
(10) Keno Way;
(11) Iskoot Crescent;
(12) Olive May Way;
(13) Skookum Drive; and
(14) Tarahne Way.
(Section 3 of Schedule “B” added by Bylaw 2013-44 passed 2013-09-23)
4. No person shall drive at a greater rate of speed than 60 kilometres per hour:
(1) on Robert Service Way between the Miles Canyon Access Road intersection and the Fourth Avenue intersection;
(2) on Hamilton Boulevard between Falcon Drive South and the Alaska Highway intersection at the top of Two Mile Hill; and
(3) on Two Mile Hill between the Second Avenue Extension and the Alaska Highway.
5. No person shall drive at a greater rate of speed than 70 kilometres per hour on the following highways between the designated points:
(1) on Mountainview Drive from Tlingit Road to a point 100 metres south of Twelfth Avenue;
(2) on the Hamilton Boulevard Extension between the Alaska Highway and Falcon Drive South; and
(3) on Robert Service Way between the Alaska Highway and the intersection at Miles Canyon Access Road.
For more information please contact Bylaw Services