The City of Whitehorse posts casual, temporary, term and permanent job opportunities on our website for a minimum of 7 calendar days.
We now use an e-recruitment system for all job applications. Job seekers are required to create an online profile and submit their application electronically through this system.Please follow these directions when applying:
- Go to www.whitehorse.ca/careers
- Click on “View All Jobs”. You will find a listing of all open job opportunities on this webpage. To apply on any of the positions, select the job opportunity link you wish to apply on by clicking on the job title. This will bring up the job opportunity and you will be able to apply by clicking on the “Apply to this Job” link at the bottom.
- You will be redirected to a “LOGIN” page, where you can create an account as a first time user or login with your user name and password if you already have an account.
- Follow all instructions and input information in all of the mandatory red text* fields, black fields are optional but recommended.
- Upload your resume (in MS Word or PDF format) or copy and paste your resume in to the appropriate field, ensuring that it clearly outlines how your experience, training, and education meet the position requirements.
- Upload a cover letter (in MS Word or PDF format) or copy and paste your cover letter into the appropriate field, that clearly outlines how your experience, training, and education meet the position requirements.
- You will receive a confirmation email indicating that you have successfully submitted your application for the job opportunity. If you have not received it, check your junk mail folder as your spam filter may have directed it to that folder.
The City of Whitehorse wishes to thank all applicants for their interest in working for the City of Whitehorse but only those candidates who have been selected to advance in the recruitment process will be contacted. The recruitment process can take between 4 to 8 weeks to complete.
The City of Whitehorse welcomes applications from all individuals who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
Need more info?
Check out our comprehensive PDF "How To" document here!
If you do not have a computer or need assistance with your resume or submitting your application, please contact or visit Employment Central:
#202-204 Black Street
Whitehorse, YT Y1A 2M9
Open Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Employment Central offers free access to computers, photocopiers, and phones for job search-related use, as well as assistance with creating, formatting, and submitting your applications. For more information, visit http://www.employmentyukon.ca/