Planning & Sustainability Services is in charge of 3 major funding/incentive programs:
- The Environmental Grant offers financial assistance to encourage volunteer non-profit societies and others to further improve and develop environmental programs and projects.
- The Heritage Fund provides support for restoration and enhancement of heritage properties as well as raising awareness of heritage issues.
- Development Incentives encourages strategic development such as rental housing and mixed-use residential/commercial development. Rental housing projects eligible for the City's incentive are typically also then eliglble for the Municipal Matching Rental Construction Program, administered by Yukon Housing Corporation.
Additional funding programs are administered by other City Departments. These include:
- The Community Clean Up Litter Grant Program offers $300 to approved groups who are designated a clean up area within the City.
- The Community Service Grant provides funding to organizations that provide services to various members of the community, including but not limited to the elderly, persons with disabilities, people on low income, and/or special needs groups.
- The Festival and Special Event Grant program offers grants and in-kind support to community groups and organizations for festivals and special community needs. To apply for a Festivals and Special Events Fund grant click here.
- The Recreation Grant offers financial assistance to encourage volunteer community groups and organizations to further improve and develop recreation opportunities for Whitehorse citizens.
- The Senior Utility Rebate is available to Whitehorse citizens aged 65 or older, or to surviving spouses who meet the program’s criteria. The Utility Rebate provides money back to citizens from fees paid under the water, sewer and garbage services up to a maximum of $500 per year.